10 Must-Have Plugins for Better WooCommerce experience
There are many reasons why millions of people use WooCommerce to set up their online shop. It’s easy-to-use and enables business owners to present a professional-looking store to their customers.
Depending on your specific industry or niche, you can use different WooCommerce plugins to enhance your WooCommerce store’s customer experience (CX) and boost sales.
In this post, we’ll run the rule over some of the best WooCommerce plugins for increasing customer engagement, delivering better customer experiences, and turning site visitors into paying customers.
Let’s take a look at some plugins to improve your WooCommerce experience:
Agy is a robust WooCommerce age verification plugin that helps you implement age-based checks on your online store. This enables you to easily prevent underage customers from purchasing products or viewing content that’s unsuitable for them.
A slow age verification process will annoy prospective customers and drive them away. Agy, on the other hand, lets you deliver an optimal shopping experience that doesn’t deter age-appropriate customers from purchasing products and services from your online store.
- You can choose where you want to show the age verification popup and exclude pages, posts, and products from age checks.
- Agy offers three different verification methods: a simple slider to choose age, a yes/no question, and a date picker with validation.
- It seamlessly works with WooCommerce to add an age gate to the registration and checkout pages and exclude products that aren’t age-appropriate for the customer.
- Agy is a fully-responsive plugin so you can be sure that the age gate popup will work well regardless of the users’ device size.
- This plugin is SEO friendly; it excludes search engine crawlers from age verification so they can freely crawl your website and index it.
Most business owners spend most of their time finding new customers and overlook selling products to their existing customers. The official Mailchimp for WooCommerce integration enables you to keep in touch with your existing customer base by automatically syncing customer information and their purchase data.
This way, you’re able to easily connect with customers post-purchase, recover abandoned checkouts, and recommend products you know they’ll find useful.
- You can automate marketing tasks such as sending email notifications when a customer abandons their shopping cart, when a customer places an order, or send a thank you message after purchase.
- It lets you track and group customers according to their purchase frequency and purchase history.
- It offers an easy way to display product recommendations.
- Mailchimp for WooCommerce gives you detailed information on your marketing performance via your Mailchimp Dashboard.
- Lets you insert discount codes in your emails.
Out of the box, the WooCommerce shop page doesn’t offer the best shopping experience for customers. The YITH WooCommerce Ajax Product Filter plugin helps you boost customer engagement and increase sales by showing product filters for displaying product variations on the front-end.
This way, you can improve the usability and customer experience of your online store and customers can quickly find what they’re looking for.
- Customers can filter WooCommerce products by various attributes using a dropdown menu or in a list view. They can also filter products based on color or specific labels.
- The YITH WooCommerce Ajax Reset Filter widget allows users to easily reset all applied filters.
- It enables customers to search for products based on their availability or when they’re on sale.
WooCommerce Currency Switcher lets you enhance your international customers’ shopping experience by enabling them to switch product prices based on set currency rates and pay in the currency of their choice. This convenient shopping plugin can help you boost your store’s conversion rates and minimize your shopping cart abandonment rate.
- You can choose from three different designs i.e. drop-down, a switcher, and flag interfaces.
- It lets you display a currency switcher widget on your shop page by inserting a shortcode on your website.
- You can easily select the update frequency of the currency rates to hourly, daily, monthly, and even after every 5 minutes.
- You’ll be able to display or hide payment processors on the checkout page depending on the selected currency.
Wishlists are an excellent tool for optimizing your customers’ shopping experience and boosting conversions. YITH WooCommerce Wishlist helps you add a wishlist function to your WooCommerce site. This plugin allows potential customers to create a list of their favorite products and purchase them at a later time.
- You can select a page to display your wishlist and create an ‘Add to Wishlist’ button on your store page.
- Display the ‘Remove from wishlist’ button after an item is added to the wishlist.
- It lets you choose where you want to place the ‘Add to wishlist’ shortcode.
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist comes with support for product variations.
- You can easily customize the columns that are shown in the wishlist table.
Beeketing is a complete marketing automation platform for eCommerce sites. It comes with a number of powerful features to help you better understand your customer’s needs and engage them with products they’d find useful. This way, you can improve conversion rates, increase average order value, reduce cart abandonment rates, and boost sales.
- You can get visitors to add items to the shopping cart by displaying a sales countdown clock, pop-up recent order notifications, and show coupon pop-ups to direct them to make their first purchase.
- You can increase the average order value by upselling and cross-selling related products.
- It lets you display offers just when customers are about to leave your site and keep them engaged with the purchase process.
- You can send cart abandonment emails to customers to recover abandoned carts.
Price: Offers both free and paid extensions.
#7: Dynamic Pricing
The Dynamic Pricing plugin helps you implement dynamic pricing strategies to offer different discount prices for variable quantities purchased. Setting dynamic prices is a great way to make customers feel special and increases the likelihood of them becoming repeat buyers. For instance, you can attract new customers to your store simply by lowering your prices.
- You can set bulk discounts for each product based on a percentage adjustment, fixed priced adjustment, or by setting a fixed price.
- It also allows bulk discounts for product categories based on a percentage adjustment or a fixed price adjustment.
- You can configure discounts for all items in a product category or for all products in store for specific users based on user roles.
Price: $129 billed yearly
The default WooCommerce checkout page isn’t optimized for delivering a great customer experience. By customizing the fields in your checkout form, you can simplify the checkout process. The Checkout Field Editor lets you customize the fields in the WooCommerce checkout page to fit your needs.
- You can add, delete, and edit fields on your WooCommerce checkout page.
- You can choose to add or remove fields shown in the billing and shipping sections and add them to the standard ‘order notes’.
- Checkout Field Editor works with various types of custom fields including select, text, date pickers, and checkboxes.
- It lets you move core fields and helps you manage your checkout without messing up the code.
Price: $49 billed yearly
Booster for WooCommerce is a great tool if you’re looking to add custom changes to your WooCommerce site. It offers more than 100 modules that can be individually activated, all fitted into a single plugin. This is a powerful tool that can help you improve your online shop in many different ways, helping you optimize customer experience and boost sales.
- It gives you complete control over the shopping cart process including changing checkout fees, adding custom fields, and displaying custom information on the checkout page.
- Booster for WooCommerce offers tools for managing and displaying multiple currencies and pricing details for individual products.
- This plugin gives you additional payment gateway options such as the option to set discounts and extra charges for some gateways and minimum and maximum amounts to select certain payment gateways.
- You can implement shipping and order handling features such as a custom shipping calculator, configuring time estimations, and selecting shipping methods by cities.
Price: $59.99 per site/year. A free version is available.
A great way to provide a personalized shopping experience to your customers is by including additional fields on the product pages. These custom fields help you obtain additional information from customers such as order notes, delivery dates, and special texts on gift wrapping. The Product Add-ons plugin lets you add custom fields on the product pages and other product options to create a unique customer experience.
- You can choose from a wide variety of custom fields including text field, drop-down field, and checkboxes.
- You can charge prices based on a percentage of the total price, number of items purchased, or a flat fee.
- Product Add-ons lets you configure custom prices, allowing customers to name their price which is useful for taking donations, tips, and gratuity.
Price: $49 billed yearly
We highlighted some of the ways our hand-picked selection of WooCommerce plugins can help you meet customer expectations, enabling you to convert more visitors and boost sales. We encourage you to try them out for yourself and see which ones work best for you!
And, if you’re looking to implement an age verification check on your WooCommerce site, get Agy today!